Who should attend, and why?
Do you enjoy writing? Does a blank sheet of paper or screen intimidate or excite you? This workshop is for anyone who wants to improve their writing, by knowing how and why words work well. It will provide real insight into why getting it right will help you write….
“make words work hard, and not hard work”
By the end of this workshop you will
- know how to construct a piece of writing so that it has the maximum intended impact on your audience
- know that how you say something is at least as important as what you want to say
- know that the look, sound and feel of words have a significant impact
- know that little things can make a big difference
- be able to appreciate the craft of writing, and improve your own expertise
- How and why words work: some examples
- The importance of attitude – yours and theirs
- Key principles
- The art and craft of writing: becoming a wordsmith
- Practical work: 3 case studies
- Building your own toolkit
The workshop will be a mix of facilitator input, group discussion, plenty of examples, practical casework, feedback, and reflection.
- “I absolutely loved the session – it opened my eyes to a lot that is so easily missed…” (sales manager, Essex)
Find out more …