Who should attend, and why?
This one-day walking event is for anyone who prefers the outdoors to the classroom as an opportunity for reflection and learning. You will be led by the course facilitator on a gentle walk through Epping Forest, and during the walk will have regular opportunities to discuss a range of topics, so you ‘walk and talk’. The topics for each of the two sessions are listed below.
By the end of the walk you will
- have had the opportunity to discuss, and listen to, views on 4 separate topics (see below)
- have met with others who share a similar interest in, and contributions to, those topics
- feel more confident and competent in tackling these issues
- have enjoyed a full day’s walk in a beautiful setting
- 12 January: delegation, dealing with negativity, managing friends, thinking on your feet
- 22 February: media skills, assertiveness, culture, partnership working
The walk will be flat, and will be based on facilitator-led small group discussion, with regular stops for whole group discussion. Bring your own lunch and refreshments…
- “brilliant – a great, healthy and relaxing way to share information and ideas” (CEO, Birmingham)
Find out more …